Thursday, April 21, 2011

Going gluten-free: Guest post at BoysRising

Guess what? I’m guest posting over at BoysRising today!  The gal behind the blog, Autherine, was nice enough to give me a chance to write my very first guest post. Needless to say, I'm really excited! 
In honor of Autism Awareness Month, I was asked to address something of importance to families who have children with autism that would also be of benefit to the BoysRising audience. Well, one of the most important things our family has done in our journey with autism was change to a restricted diet. And, over the past 2-and-a-half years of running a support group I have found consistently that one of the topics of most interest to special needs families is how to start a gluten-free diet, or go GFCF (gluten-free, casein-free) or even GFCFSF (gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free).
Since the readers at BoysRising appreciate insight on raising boys and making healthy (and mostly vegan) choices, I thought the gluten-free diet was a perfect topic. I hope you will agree. Going gluten-free can have many health benefits, up to and including treating the symptoms of autism. Now, head over to BoysRising and read, “Going gluten-free for your health” to see what I’m talking about! Enjoy!        

April is Autism Awareness Month! A group of mommy bloggers have joined together to help spread the word about autism. Please visit these wonderful blogs!
Join us, won’t you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...